Monday, March 9, 2015
Day 1 of BTWG
Today is a new day for me, it is my first day of No Excuses! I started the day checking my email (after finding my glasses of course) looking forward to seeing what email I had for homework,reminding myself that there are no excuses today no matter what. I had nothing new, bummer, I am nervous waiting for our first day assignment. I get a shower, dressed for work, let the dog out, fed him, kiss my husband goodbye and get in my car. I check my email again one more time before leaving and still nothing. I know I really want to do this, I want to do this for me but I am scared. What if I do this and and then I fail, I let myself down, I let my coach down. How am I going to feel if everyone else does better than me, what if they can do it and I give up? I have all of these mixed emotions but I still want to do it. I know I can right? I turn on my car and back out of the drive way and get comfortable for my drive to work, trying to focus on my drive instead of worrying about whether I can really do this, not just do this but do this for me. I turn up the radio and they just announced the new song coming on, which I didn't hear because my brain was to loud. I saw on my screen it was Brooks and Dunn "Believe". Do I know this song? I listened to this song and knew that this was a sign, Believe Lori Believe! So I am going to believe that Yes I can do this, it will not be an easy 12 weeks, but I Believe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Lori, fellow BTWG'er Kate here. I smiled while reading this post, I too have checked my email a hundred times in anticipation of what's to come! I love how you tune in to signs around you, like the song on the radio. You CAN do this, we CAN do this! I look forward to meeting you on Saturday. Don't stop believing!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kate! I can't wait, I am excited to meet everyone and start this journey. I am totally a believer in signs!
ReplyDelete